The difference between ceramic heaters and other heaters is enormous. The reason is that ceramic heaters help in heating the environment more quickly than other room heaters. The main advantage of using ceramic heaters is that there are fewer accidents, in fact, none, when compared with others because of the absence of the coils that heat up to make the environment warm. Coil heaters use electricity to such an extent that the coils within them reach high temperatures that they begin to burn. Therefore, coil heaters possess the risk of burning and involvement of accident when not handled properly.
Read our latest guide about the best kerosene heaters.
- How Do Ceramic Heaters Work?
- Safety and Advantages of Ceramic Heater
- Things to Consider Before Purchasing a Ceramic Heater
- Top 15 Best Ceramic Heaters in 2019
- 1. Lasko 758000 Cyclonic Ceramic Heater
- 2. Comfort Zone Oscillating Space Heater
- 3. Lasko Space Heater Designer Series
- 4. Honeywell Slim Ceramic Tower Heater
- 5. Lasko Ceramic Space Heater 755320
- 6. Pelonis NT20-12D Ceramic Heater
- 7. Comfort Glow Original Brown Box Ceramic Heater BDISC6
- 8. Kloudic QN04 Portable Ceramic Space Heater
- 9. Black & Decker BHDC500B46 Ceramic Desktop Heater
- 10. Opolar Ceramic Space Heater
- 11. Andily Space Ceramic Heater
- 12. Lasko 754200 Ceramic Portable Heater
- 13. Opolar HE05 Portable Ceramic Space Heater
- 14. Pro Breeze Mini Ceramic Space Heater
- 15. AmazonBasics Personal Mini Ceramic Heater
How Do Ceramic Heaters Work?
The construction of the ceramic heater is similar to that of a typical heater. However, a ceramic heater consists of ceramic plates installed around the coils made of metal that increase in temperature when in operation. However, the presence of the ceramic plates absorbs the heat and ensure to release them into the air. When compared with the coil heater, they function efficiently and are a lot faster in cooling when unplugged.
Efficiency and Speed of Ceramic Heaters
Regular room heaters that use coils to heat the air consume a lot of energy. However, a ceramic heater uses only a portion of the power when compared with a coil heater. Likewise, it does not waste energy, which helps in saving electricity bills. The process of heating increases when the number of ceramic plates in the heater is more. These heaters are capable of heating every room in a house because of their efficient working rate that varies between 85-90%.
Size and Portability
Ceramic heaters are portable and not very large when it comes to construction. When compared with a radiation heater, ceramic heaters are capable of heating large rooms without ease, which otherwise is difficult for a radiation heater. Furthermore, the time consumed to heat the place is far less than the radiation heater. As they are portable, it gives the possibility to move them from one room to another.
Read our complete guide about the best oil-filled heaters.
Safety and Advantages of Ceramic Heater
When it comes to the elements of safety, ceramic heaters have many in comparison to radiation heaters. They are compact and arrive with different features. For instance, a ceramic heater is an excellent choice to heat a room in a house or workplace than choosing the central heating solution. There are quite a few advantages of ceramic heaters over other heaters available in the market. These are:
- Lower Fire Risk: Ceramic heaters consist of baffles and ceramic plates. These operate on the convection principle. It means that upon switching on the heater, the baffles and the coil rise in temperature. The heat generated during this process spreads to the surrounding areas. When it comes to more substantial models of the ceramic heaters, they have fans that blow the air to the surroundings. However, when compared with others, these heaters have less chance of catching fire. The reason is that the ceramic plates do not overheat like that of coils. But, it is necessary to maintain a certain distance without the surroundings like that of other heaters.
- No Toxic Emissions: Ceramic heaters use electricity for operation and are highly efficient. It means that there is no toxic emission such as carbon monoxide. When operating them correctly, according to the mentioned specification or operating conditions specified by a manufacturer, they are bound to consume less electricity than other heaters.
- Advanced Safety Features: Unlike typical heaters, a ceramic heater consists of advanced features such as a timer, auto shut off, and sensors. Such features ensure that the product is functioning according to the prescribed or set values. For instance, upon setting the timer, the heater switches off automatically. In another case, heat sensors measure the temperatures and cut off the operation. Such features provide the chance for the users to set the preferred temperature and time of working for the same that ensures safety and efficiency.
- Child Safety: People running radiation heaters have to be careful, as there is a chance of scalding and burns by getting close to the heater. One has to be much more cautious if children are present. However, safety offered by ceramic heaters is high because the heating elements remain cooler. The reason is that the ceramic plates absorb much of the heat. Even in case of an accident, the chances of burns are minimal. Likewise, the opportunity of catching fire is also low because of the absence of overheating.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing a Ceramic Heater
When it comes to purchasing a ceramic heater, it is essential to consider the following factors.
- Heating Capacity: When considering the option to buy a ceramic heater, it is crucial to look for the coverage space that the heater covers. The heater wattage determines the total amount of space that the heater covers. A room heater consumes 10 watts of power to heat a square foot of the area. Therefore, a 1,500-watt powered heater is capable of heating 150 square foot of the room. The guideline is general and does not apply to every model. Depending on the technology used, the indoor environment, and application, the factor changes. Portable heaters are also capable of covering more spaces in some situations.
- Energy Efficiency: Although ceramic heaters are energy-efficient, opting for the right model ensures that there is a reduction in the use of electricity. Most of the products available lack EER ratings. Therefore, comparing the models, considering the rankings, and the amount of space covered for heating. It is further preferable to look for models that offer additional features such as energy-saving modes, low wattage usage, adjustable thermostats, and programmable timers.
- Safety Features: If monitored improperly, a portable ceramic heater can become a fire hazard. Therefore, considering safety features is of utmost importance. Although ceramic heaters reduce the temperature when compared with other heaters, quite a few manufacturers include an additional cooling system to ensure that the top surface remains cool. A few of them contain safety switches that shut off automatically when the devices trip or when there is a surge in power. Overheat protection is also present in many of the heaters. There are also sensors present in the heater that turns off the heaters when internal components reach abnormal temperatures.
- Noise Level: It is quite natural for heaters to emit noise during operation. However, quite a few have technologies that help in reducing the noise during the process. These technologies change from one manufacturer to another and also according to the model and the heating coverage area.
A ceramic heater is one of the best gadgets that one could have in their home. Given the different models available in the market, it is tedious to pick the right choice. Nonetheless, with the data available, it is possible to choose the right model. Furthermore, given the advantages and the other things to consider while purchasing the heater, comparing with different products becomes easy. The comparison provides details about the specifications of the product, the presence of the unique features, and additional controls. All the information provided here answers several questions, such as the cost of operation, added features, portability, and safety features.
Top 15 Best Ceramic Heaters in 2019
|1. Lasko 758000 Cyclonic Ceramic Heater
||Low/high quiet-comfort settings||$$$||4.8|
|2. Comfort Zone Oscillating Space Heater
||FAST, EFFICIENT HEATING||$$||4.7|
|3. Lasko Space Heater Designer Series
|4. Honeywell Slim Ceramic Tower Heater
||360 Degree tip over switch||$$||4.6|
|5. Lasko Ceramic Space Heater 755320
|6. Pelonis NT20-12D Ceramic Heater
||Dual wattage selection||$$||4.5|
|7. Comfort Glow Original Brown Box Ceramic Heater BDISC6
||4 ceramic disc heating elements||$$$||4.5|
|8. Kloudic QN04 Portable Ceramic Space Heater
||5-watt for regular wind||$$||4.4|
|9. Black & Decker BHDC500B46 Ceramic Desktop Heater
||1500 Watts with 4 settings||$$||4.3|
|10. Opolar Ceramic Space Heater
||59-86 Fahrenheit)and multiple heat settings||$$||4.3|
|11. Andily Space Ceramic Heater
||MEASURES: 6.2″ X 4.74″ x 8.3″||$$||4.2|
|12. Lasko 754200 Ceramic Portable Heater
||Heating coverage: 300 Sq. ft||$$||4.1|
|13. Opolar HE05 Portable Ceramic Space Heater
|14. Pro Breeze Mini Ceramic Space Heater
|15. AmazonBasics Personal Mini Ceramic Heater
||efficient ceramic coils||$$||3.9|
Lasko ceramic heater, model number 758000 functions on the cyclonic principle, providing an opportunity for the device to dissipate more heat with less power consumption. The company focused on improving the efficiency of the product while delivering the needed heat along with safety features.
The design of the product is simple. As the product is portable, it is simple to carry it to any room where the requirement of generating heat is necessary. The 1500-watt ensures that it covers a good amount of area in a place by spreading the cozy and warmth by removing the chilled air. The use of ceramic plates within the structure ensures that the portable heater remains efficient while delivering the needed heat. Furthermore, the plates reduce the temperature of the external surface and guarantees to keep them cool, making it easy for users to touch, which is unlikely for conventional heaters. The appearance is sleek and allows one to place it against wall or position at the desired place in the room.
The control panel of the system is intriguing. The digital system provides the best of the operation and convenience for a user to operate the heater with ease. The model uses a precise thermostat that helps the user to set the temperature according to the need. Likewise, one can use the built-in two temperature settings. It even has a seven-hour time that helps one to use to during night or the day for a fixed time.
The critical feature of the Lasko cyclonic ceramic heater is the cyclonic action of pumping the heat into the room. The warm air vents out from the top after the heater sucks in the cold air at the bottom. The circulation of the warm air increases temperature and keeps one warm. The glide-system on the top provides the chance to change the direction of the flow using the adjustment lever. Furthermore, the company added additional safety in the form of automatic overheat that shuts off the heater when it reaches extreme temperature.
- Space-saving design
- Glide-system directs warm air in the needed direction
- Digital display and simple to operate functions
- Auto thermostat setting
- Overheat protection and self-regulating ceramic element
- Completely assembled
- The chances are that a few units only switch on with the supplied remote controllers
- Failure of the thermostat is high and allows the device to operate at 90-degrees
- A few units functioned for only a few months
Comfort Zone oscillating heater is a sleek heater that is apt for those who are seeking compatible and portable ceramic heater. The use of the machine helps in heating a room with ease while reducing the load on the central heating system.
The company ensured that the product is attractive while offering the best of the efficiency. The sleek design matches any décor and helps one to place it at different locations of a room. For example, one can use it near the couch, the corner of the bedroom, or in the dining room. The 1500-watt powered heater delivers the best-in-class heat to warm the surroundings and remove the chillness. The comfort provided by it ensures that one feels cozy.
Furthermore, the 70-degree oscillation design helps in spreading the warm air across the room with ease. The heater uses a forced-fan system to heat the plates quickly and maintain the temperature evenly. The sleek design help one to move it with ease or even take it for a road trip. The ceramic plates help in absorbing the heat generated by the heater and prevent it from expanding it to the surface. Therefore, the top surface always remains cool and safe for handling.
The digital display shows all the readings. The digital thermostat ensures accurate measurement of the temperature. Users can control the temperature, oscillation, and power the device on/off using the remote as well.
Apart from the oscillation feature of the heater, Comfort Zone included tip-over and overheat protection feature. The tip-over shuts the device instantly when the unit is not in an upright position, and the overheat prevents a fire hazard. The unit likewise attained ETL certification, which ensures that it is safe and meets the industry standards. The ECO mode guarantees that the heater does consume too much electricity while the ceramic plates prevent excessive heat generation.
- Uses forced-fan circulation for heating
- 70-degree oscillation for even heating
- 8-hour timer with auto shut off
- Tip-off and overheat protection
- ECO mode consumes less power
- Fails to heat to set temperature
- Excessive noise by the fan
A ceramic heater is the best product in a home for reducing chilled air. It also provides safety when compared with convention heater. Although most companies focus on operation alone, Lasko ensured that their designer series stands apart.
The designer series from the company is one-of-a-kind in the market. With aesthetics that capture the attention and blend with different décor of the interiors, the Space heater is beautiful. It would be hard for anyone to identify it as a machine than as an interior decorative product.
Lasko designed it with ceramic plates to ensure that the heat generated during operation does not reach the exterior surface. It, thus, prevents a fire hazard and overheating. The 1,500-watt ceramic element heats the air quickly and spreads it to the surrounding with ease. The oscillation features a user to circulate warm air across the room or point it towards a single direction. The heater is capable of functioning from temperatures of 60F to 85F.
The control panel at the top is simple to operate. The LED lights ensure that users can operate it with ease during the nights. The system uses an adjustable thermostat that is precise in measuring in the temperature. With the help of it, one can achieve the desired temperature levels in a room.
The features of the Space heater include adjustable thermostat for maximum comfort and two heat settings. The built-in 1-hour timer interval allows users to program the operation of the heater with ease. After completion, it shuts-off automatically. Additionally, the safety features are so apt that there will not be any accidents upon using the heater. For instance, it comes with overheat protection that shuts off the system when the heater is running for an extended period. The ceramic plates absorb maximum heat and keep the surfaces cool.
- Aesthetically designed to blend with interior décor
- Adjustable thermostat – 60F to 85F operation
- A 1500-watt ceramic heating element
- Built-in timer with one-hour intervals
- Built-in safety features
- High wattage causes tripping of the circuit and frying the circuits in the outlet
- Poor quality of the cord
Honeywell is a leading corporation that manufactures several products – both industrial and personal. The tower ceramic heater is a slim unit for homes and helps in keeping the needed warmth during winters.
The design of the tower heater by Honeywell is simplistic and ideal for use in any room. The sleek and compact approach makes it worth every penny. It fits in any corner, or one can place it where necessary and choose to use it according to the need. It is easy to lift and place it at the required position using the grip provided at the back.
The heater functions in two modes – low and high. The high setting uses 1500-watt where it heats the air to the maximum, and the oscillation feature helps it to spread across the room. The ceramic plates installed across the heating element absorb excessive heat and helps in preventing the outer surface from overheating. Users can use the oscillation to spread the warm air across the room or switch it off and use it in a single direction.
The digital control panel displays the temperature while users can quickly operate the device with ease. The panel located at the top provides easy access to all the features. One can switch on/off the heater, control the oscillation, change the temperature, and set the timer.
The tower unit from Honeywell features a host of added elements. These include the overheat shut off mechanism, programmable thermostat, sturdy base with 360-degree tip-over protection, thermally insulated wiring, and auto-off timer. The overheat protection uses a sensor along with a fuse cut off feature to ensure that there is no overheating of the heater. The auto-timer function provides the user to set the timer in 1,2,4 and 8-hour setting, after which the heater shuts off automatically.
- Two heat settings – low (750-watts) and high (1500-watts)
- Programmable thermostat
- Oscillation function
- 360-degree tip-over protection and overheating protection
- Cool-touch housing with thermally insulated wiring
- Convenient carrying handle
- Turns off consistently even when not overheating
- Oscillation fails to work after a few uses
A ceramic heater is power saver and portable when compared with a conventional heater. The Lasko 755320 Space heater is an excellent choice for those who are looking for a portable yet efficient heater. It not only heats the room with ease but also offers features that prevent fire hazards.
Lasko came up with the idea of designing the product to be compact. The solution is to provide users the benefit of carrying it into any room with ease and start operating the same. The sleek-tower layout encompasses all the features, including the heating element and the ceramic plates. The lightweight construction gives an edge to carry it to any room of the house. Using this helps in reducing the load on the central heating system.
Users can gain easy access to the control – thanks to the presence of the switches at the top. Likewise, the oscillation function ensures that users can use the warm air to spread across the room or in a particular direction. The 1,500-watt heating element ensures to heat the cold air pulled-in by the heater with ease. The presence of the ceramic plates provides safety to the external surface by preventing excess heating. It makes it easy for users to handle it without any accidents.
The control panel at the top provides simple access to the features of the heater. It consists of the power button, two-heat modes, digital display of the temperature, oscillation switch, timer, and thermostat controller. The timer provides the chance to shut off the heater automatically after a specific time of operation such as one hour, two hours, and so on in 1-hour intervals.
The adding of the oscillation feature is an excellent choice. The adjustable thermostat measures the temperature accurately and gives the chance to set at comfortable temperatures. It is further possible to control the heater using the remote control provided by the company. Safety features include overheating protection.
- Two-quiet setting modes
- Adjustable thermostat
- Built-in timer and remote control
- Overheat protection
- Completely assembled
- Poor quality of the wire
- Heavy wattage causes short-circuit
A portable ceramic heater is the best way to keep the surrounding air warm. The Pelonis NT20-12D may not cover an entire room but does offer the opportunity to deliver heated air according to the need.
The NT20-12D is a piece of simple machinery that helps in heating cold air using a ceramic heating element. The layout is conventional and compact. However, it is the compactness that allows a user to utilize it in places that more prominent or tower heaters fail to reach. The company designed it, keeping in mind for those who would like to buy an affordable heater. Therefore, one can say that the product is manual and hosts knobs to operate the same.
The heater consists of a red bulb that indicates that it is operating. It allows the user to select between two wattage options – low and high. There is also fan-only mode, where the ceramic fin element remains switched off. The design of the fin element is such that it delivers the maximum airflow, delivering/spreading the warm air across its surroundings.
Unlike other ceramic heaters available in the market, the Pelonis choose not to opt for digital display and quick setting buttons. It has only two knobs on the top – a knob that switches on/off the device along with setting control and the other knob that controls the temperature. As there is no digital indication, users have to turn the knob manually until the heater emits the desired temperature.
A ceramic heater must consist of safety features. Pelonis ensured that it did not miss on the safety elements. It added a thermal cut-off function to ensure that the heater shuts-off automatically when running for an extended period or when the temperature reaches above the desired value. Likewise, the ceramic material absorbs excessive heat generated by the fins and keeps the external surface cool.
- Low profile ceramic heater
- Adjustable thermostat
- Dual wattage selection
- Fan-only selection
- Thermal cut-off prevents overheating
- Absence of digital display makes it hard to operate
- Overheating fails to function and trips the circuit often
A ceramic heater is the best way to bring comfort into the house. The BDISC6 from Comfort Zone is an apt addition for it is compact and functions efficiently. The Original Brown Box, with its unique disc constructions, delivers the optimum efficiency of the heat in the ceramic heater range.
The design adopted by the company is classic. The brown box housing adds a classy touch to the interiors while the use of the steel for the materials increases the durability of the heater. The compact design makes it convenient for any individual to use it according to the requirement in any place. The four ceramic heating elements placed in the heater ensure to deliver consistent heat. Furthermore, the ceramic plates around the element prevent accidents by absorbing excessive heat generated by the heater.
Comfort Zone chose to use four ceramic discs in a unique pattern, as it helps in increasing the functionality of the heater. It means that it uses less power and delivers high heat distribution when compared with other products. The 1,500-watt element makes sure that it spits warm air after sucking in the cold air from the room.
As the company opted for the classy design, one will find the controls at the back. It might be troublesome for a few, but it does serve the purpose. There is a sliding switch to choose between manual and automatic operation. There are two knobs – one that controls the temperature and the other that turns the device on/off along with control settings.
Unlike a digital heater, there are not many features available in the product. However, it is the unique placement of the ceramic plates that help in dissipating the heat with ease without overheating the external steel housing. Therefore, one can carry it with ease. Although the operation of controlling the temperature is through a knob, it does possess electronic thermostat. It also has an ambient temperature sensor and accidental tip-over protection mechanism.
- Four ceramic discs
- Steel brown box housing
- Electronic thermostat
- Ambient temperature sensor
- Tip-over protection
- Emits smell of burning plastic
- The surface tends to heat up within a short period
Kloudic has come up with a space-saving and compact ceramic heater – the QN04. It is suitable for those who are looking to have spot heating along with wide-angle heating. The best part is that it provides the flow of either heated air or natural air.
The design of the product is attractive. One can use it in a house or at the office. The compact construction ensures that it meets the requirement of individuals who are seeking the best heating element that they carry with all the safety. The company designed it for small space use, and hence, it is compact when compared with other heating products. The best part is that it has all the components that a big ceramic heater possesses.
Kloudic added built-in carry handle, removable air inlet, oscillation feature, and tip-over protection. The mini heater operates at 600-watt, providing the needed warmth in one direction or swing across in wide-angle using the oscillation. The better part is that it is capable of heating the air in two-seconds when compared with other ceramic heaters. It is due to the use of a PTC heating element. The 600-watt provides complete comfort while the 5-watt is useful for the regular wind. Furthermore, the compact size helps one to use it as a bedroom heater, bathroom heater, office room heater, and other locations.
The control panel of the model is simple and intriguing. The power switch is on the back panel of the heater. The heater mode on/off and oscillation switches are at the top. The heater mode (heater or natural wind) enables one to use 600-watt or 5-watt according to the ambient environment and temperature.
The add-on features are the use of the PTC heating element, wide-angle oscillation, temperature fuse, overheat protection, tip-off shut-off mechanism, and flame resistance.
- 600-watt energy saving portable design
- PTC ceramic heating element
- Tip-off shut off mechanism along with overheat and thermal fuse protection
- Built-in carry handle
- Removable air inlet grille
- Lasts only a few months
- Power button fails to operate at times
Black & Decker is a famous company and has its presence across different segments of the industry. The BHDC500B46 is a compact ceramic heater, which is helpful for those who would like to carry a portable heater.
The specialty of the product is its design. The company ensured to include all the essential features of a heater and yet maintain compact size of the product. The best thing is that it heats the air quickly because of the small size. It is easy for those who are looking to have the warm air gush out in a single direction.
Black & Decker opted for the ceramic heating element to ensure that the product avoids accidents. Furthermore, the use of the ceramic plates helps in absorbing excessive heat generated by the heating element. It, thus, reduces the spread of the temperature to the external surface, keeping it cool. Although it is compact, using 1,500-watt in four different settings is its specialty.
Unlike most of the digital units available in the market, the BHDC500B46 comes with manual controls. The control system is at the top, making it convenient for users to opt for the desired temperature and setting according to the need. One of the knobs allows in controlling the heat while the other helps in choosing the preferred setting. The setting includes using the fan alone, low speed, and high speed.
The additional features present in the portable ceramic heater are the overheat protection system and auto shut-off when tip-off occurs. Therefore, when the heater is not in its upright position, the tip-off switch activates and shuts the heater immediately. The overheat protection guarantees that there is no damage to the components when the heater is functioning continuously or used for an extended period where the temperatures rise drastically.
- Ceramic heater with manual controls
- An adjustable thermostat controlling system
- 1,500-watt with four different settings – off, fan, low, and high
- Overheat protection
- Tip-over auto shut-off function
- Functions for only a few months
- The fan emits loud noise even at low speed
An excellent solution to chillness in a room or at compact spaces is the use of portable heaters. Opolar designed the ceramic space heater such that it is captivating, simple-to-use, and compelling.
The cues of the design are modern and quite attractive when compared with other models in the market. Not only it stands apart but makes it the right choice for small places. The futuristic design is attractive and has all the features that a ceramic heater should possess. The use of the ceramic heating element ensures to heat the surrounding with ease and without open coils. Likewise, the plates absorb excess heat generated by the coil to prevent overheating of the heater.
The 1,500-watt heater runs three modes – high heat, low heat, and fan-only. Therefore, users can adjust according to the need. The adjustable thermostat allows one to change the temperature depending on the ambient environment. The easy-to-carry grab handle makes it the right choice for those who like to carry it whenever necessary.
The control panel is at the top and provides easy access to the different operations of the heater. The red-light glows on switching on the heater. Depending on the need, one can choose the heater mode and adjust the thermostat. The heater continues to maintain the temperature based on the ambient temperature. When there is an increase in the ambient temperature, the heater switches off or does not turn on.
As the high heat output is at 1,500-watt, one would expect the noise of the fan to be high. However, even at the highest setting, the heater emits 50dB of sound. Likewise, the built-in safety system, tip-over and overheat protection, ensure that there are no accidents. The addition of E.T.L certification further provides that the product meets all the safety standards prescribed by the industry standards.
- T.L approved ceramic heater
- 1,500-watt heater with three operating modes
- Quiet operation of the fan even in high setting
- Tip-over and overheating protection
- Rigid construction of the exterior body
- Fails to heat after a few uses
- Quality of the external wiring is poor
A ceramic heater is one of the best choices compared to conventional heaters, as it reduces the use of power and avoids accidents. Andily space ceramic heater is a portable heater that is beneficial for anyone who loves to keep warm during the cold temperatures at different locations.
The design of the product is simple. One can say that it is simple and yet suits the taste of all the users. The aesthetics are perfect and makes it blend with any interior with ease. One can place it on the floor or the desk at the office, it does serve the purpose with ease. The manually-operated heater is apt for those who seek affordability with comforts. One can use the easy-to-carry heater in any place and with ease.
The company designed the product such that it has all the features of a tower ceramic heater. For instance, the use of the ceramic plate alongside the heating element ensures to prevent fire accidents. The ceramic plates absorb excessive heat and stop spreading of the heat to the external surface. The placement of the control panel at the top makes it easy for users to operate it with ease. The 1,500-watt heater operates in two modes and helps in heating a room according to the set temperature.
The control panel at the top gives easy access for the user to operate the device with ease. The panel consists of two knobs – one to increase/decrease heat and the other to control the setting. The heater works in fan-only mode, low heat (750w), and high heat (1,500w).
The added features of the product include a thermostat to measure the temperature accurately. Depending on the readings, the device switches on or off, thereby maintaining the desired value. There are also tip-over and overheat safety features includes in the mechanism.
- Portable and convenient ceramic heater
- Fan-only, low heat, and high heat modes
- Adjustable thermostat for a comfortable temperature
- Automatic shut-off through tip-over feature
- Overheat protection system
- The fan makes a loud noise
- Thermostat issue crop after a few uses
Portable heaters are becoming a common addition in homes. They help to spread warm air and make the atmosphere cozy. The Lasko 754200 ceramic heater is portable and allows users to have a pleasant time in any place.
The manually controlled ceramic heater from Lasko hosts a convenient design. The layout is such that it suits any décor with ease. Furthermore, the portable nature of the product gives a chance to the user to place it any location. The controls are at the top while the ceramic heating element is at the front. The use of the ceramic component ensures that there are no accidents caused that are common in conventional heaters. The ceramic plates absorb the excessive heat generated, which prevents fire accidents and stops the expansion of the heat to the external surface.
Lasko included a grab handle, which makes it simple for a user to carry it with ease. Likewise, the product is capable of covering 300 sq.ft and functions in three different settings.
The control panel is on the top. Lasko opted for manual controls that blend beautifully with the heater’s design. There are three settings to the heater – fan-only mode, low heat mode, and high heat mode. With adjustable thermostat present in it, the heater is the best addition in any room. Users can change the temperature according to the requirement that offers a comfortable environment.
The add-on features of the heater are the safety features. Like that of a tower heater, the portable ceramic heater from Lasko consists of an overheat protection system. The overheat protection prevents fire and shields the components from excessive heat. The cool-touch exterior keeps the body cool even when the heater is running at high temperatures. As the unit arrives wholly assembled, one can use it right away after the delivery.
- 3-quiet settings
- Adjustable thermostat with 11 temperature settings
- Carry on the handle for easy portability
- Overheat protection to protect components
- The 1,500-watt heater covers 300 sq.ft. with ease
- Consumes excessive power causing circuit breakage
- The exterior does get warm
Opolar is offering innovative and customer-focused products. Of the different small appliances, which it designs and manufactures, space heaters are of the category. The HE05 falls under this section. It provides an excellent solution for those who are seeking the best of the heater and efficiency.
The company launched products that are captivating and intriguing. The HE05 hosts a futuristic design encompassing all the features that a heater should possess. Similar to the design of a speaker, the HE05 is perfect for people who seek to have a portable heater that they can carry. The inclusion of the ceramic heating element quickly heats the surrounding while preventing excessive heating. The plates absorb the excess heat and ensure that the heat does not reach the external surface. The control panel is at the top, and the company opted for the manual operation that excellently blends with the aesthetics of the product.
The 1,500-watt heater warms the air quickly and gives a choice to the user – spread the air in one direction or oscillate to spread across a room. There is also a handlebar at the back that helps people to carry it with ease.
The control panel hosts the thermostat knob that allows in controlling the temperature and another one to select the mode. The heater operates in 800w and 1500w mode. The adjustable thermostat allows a user to turn the knob to the preferred setting to receive the optimum heat that keeps them warm and cozy.
For a ceramic heater, safety features play a crucial role. Opolar ensured to add the needed safety features – overheat protection and tip-over protection. Both these ensure that the heater switches off immediately when the device is of-the-surface and running for an extended time that causes the components to heat. It, thus, prevents fire accidents.
- Helps in saving energy while spreading warm air
- Functions in 800w and 1500w modes
- Tip-over protection and overheating protection
- 70-degree auto oscillation
- Robust handlebar to carry the device with ease
- Fails to work after a few uses
- The spread of warm air is low
Possession of a space heater is a wonderful thing. But, the mini version of the space heater from Pro Breeze is even more exciting for it provides immense possibilities for users to use it in different places with ease. Moreover, the mini version consumes less power while delivering the needed warmth.
The design of the product is attractive and simple. Given that the company designed it as a portable ceramic heater, the schematics are compact. However, Pro Breeze managed to include all the vital parts necessary for a ceramic heater. The primary component is the use of the PTC ceramic heating element. Not only it heats the air quickly and consumes less power but also helps in absorbing excessive heat. Such an action prevents the spread of the heat generation by the heating element to the external surface. The rear large air intake ensures to suck more air than other products for better circulation.
The portable ceramic operates in two styles – low at 750w and high at 1500w. The placement of the control panel makes it easy for a user to manage the mini heater with ease. The best part is using it anywhere – even in an office, bathroom, and kitchens.
The control panel of the mini heater has two knobs. One of the knobs controls the temperature – thanks to the use of the adjustable temperature. The other knob gives the option to operate it in low heat, high heat, or in fan-only mode. Depending on the need, users can select the preferred one and continue to receive the warmth delivered by the heater.
The added elements of the device are the safety features. Even for a mini heater, the company ensured to add tip-over and overheat protection elements. These two prevent fire hazards by stopping the device from operating instantly when the device falls or overheats.
- Advanced ceramic technology heats the air instantly
- Adjustable thermostat for different temperature settings
- Three different operation modes
- Lightweight construction
- Built-in overheat and tip-over protection features
- Poor build quality
- The loud noise of the fan is irksome
AmazonBasics is offering an excellent chance for users to choose a mini heater in the form of the personal ceramic heater. The product is perfect for unheated rooms, office desks, bathrooms, and other areas.
The handy design makes it an excellent choice for those who are seeking a sub-version of the ceramic heater. The heater provides excellent heating in drafty rooms or when needs an additional amount of warmth. Switching it on helps one to experience an even flow of warm air – thanks to the use of fast heating ceramic coils. Along with the coils not only generate the heat but also prevent accidents by absorbing additional heat than the set temperature.
When compared with forced air space heaters, the compact ceramic heater chooses a conducive element that heats the air naturally and within two seconds. The compact design makes it for quick transportation and the best tool to carry it anywhere. Furthermore, when compared with other personal ceramic heaters, the AmazonBasics personal mini version excels because of its efficiency. It consumes less power and sends out the needed warm air.
The AmazonBasics mini personal ceramic heater is so compact that it fits in hand with ease. There are no control options available for the personal mini heater. Upon switching on the heater, the 500-watt ceramic heating element comes to life instantly and starts to send the warm air across the surroundings.
Although the design is simple, AmazonBasic ensured that it included safety features that will prevent unforeseen accidents. Majority of the accidents occur due to lack of control of the heat generated by the ceramic heaters. However, with the presence of the ceramic plates, there is a reduction because the plates absorb excess heat. Furthermore, the sturdy base with tip-over protection mechanism shuts-off the heater instantly when the heater is not in an upright condition.
- Compact and personal space heater design
- Features efficient ceramic coils that heat in a few seconds
- Uses naturally-conducive element
- Sturdy base for better stability
- Tip-over protection mechanism
- Poor quality of the product
- Many products are dead-on-arrival